Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rabble-rousing

Hello all.

It's been a while since I've felt the blogging bug.

I share a lot of what I'm doing on Facebook (if I think it's funny) but there's a lot you may not know about me.

Here are a few things that went down since my last blog post:

-I've actually run!  I have 7 miles down this week (last Sunday and Tuesday).  I haven't done any exercise since Wednesday though.  A nasty head cold and foot pain kept me indoors.  Also, on Wednesday, I got word of a weight loss competition starting Monday in my new department.  It sounds disgusting and cheap but I haven't watched what I've been eating AT ALL.  It's definitely not a good feeling.  Tomorrow starts my journey to avenge my 1% loss.

About weight loss.  Since about June I haven't been logging any food or exercise.  Around that time I was close to 40 lbs down for the year.  Right now I'm at 29 lbs down for the year.  Considering all the changes in life, and not eating great, I'm happy with only being 10 lbs in the hole.  Before finding out about this competition I was logging all of my food and exercise for the week.  I can flip the eating right and working out switch at this season of life.

-We're as settled in as we're going to be.  We have a second vehicle (2007 Nissan Quest mini van).  We've gotten into a church community.  We've even had guests over!!  We're having another couple come over this upcoming weekend.

-Having no obligations (or friends) has brought my family closer together.  Every weekend we've gone out and done things as a family.  A few weeks back we went apple picking.


Went to the park.


And yesterday we went to a park that also had a kids petting zoo and nature observatory.

My wife is a talented photographer
We go almost everywhere together.  I've had a couple toddler tantrums while taking the kids to the store with me but the good has outweighed the bad.

-I went on a historical trolley tour of Richmond with my department.  The city is rich with history, especially the Civil War.  The losing side of the Civil War.  Northerners RUUUULE!!

ANYWAY

With the limited facts I remembered I took Aimee down Monument ave last night to show her the monuments.  All Confederate heroes (and Arthur Ashe).  It's an awesome street.  Million dollar homes and trees shadow the street.

Photo from tourfrog.com  Just as impressive on the road level
                                         
-I'm volunteering at the Richmond Marathon this upcoming weekend with Wave Church.  We're going to be on mile 17 cheering and giving out water.  This will be my first race volunteering.  I'm extremely excited.  It'll be interesting seeing it from the other side.

-Lastly, we've started to meet people.  We thought it would happen eventually but that doesn't happen.  You have to go out there and make connections.  Once we stopped being sick, we had a couple over from our church, who also happen to be the pastors of the church.  This upcoming weekend another couple from church is coming over.  One of the hopes I had is that we could find a church with people who can be real with us.  We aren't in the mindset of replacing High Mill or our friends.  Heck no.  People from Ohio can't get rid of me that easily.  We just want to have good friends here.  Friends that make it hard moving back to Ohio one day.

Now that we're settled I think I'll blog a little more regularly.  Especially with running associated events like the volunteering coming up.  We're also going to be in Ohio two weeks from today (Wooo!!)

Have a good one everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment