Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Stand Corrected

Howdy.  How's it going?

It turns out I was wrong about the existence of the St. Patricks day triathlon.  A day after I posted my last blog entry the race organizer emailed me:
Sorry for the delay!  After reading your blog we finalized a date and it is April 13.  Within the next week or so, I'll email you the registration page.  I'm very fortunate to have such great bloggers, like yourself, keeping me honest.  Keep up the great work on your awesome blog!
OK that wasn't what he said.  Here's the real email:
 Hi Thomas!
Sorry for the delay! We finalized the date yesterday, and it is April 13. Within the next week or so, I will email you the link for registration.

Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful day!
You're welcome race director!  I will have a wonderful day! In all honesty I was very impatient.  I emailed the race organizer's school email address on a Saturday night, and then blogged my frustration Tuesday.  I'll take the thank you regardless!  Manners will get you everywhere.  While the race isn't in March I've still got a race to look forward to in the next few months.  Plus, who wants to ride a bike and run outdoors in March?  Right?  That's what you call a blessing in disguise.  Before I emailed the nice race director I noticed on the race's prior page that you had to be a member of USAT (USA Triathlon).  In my reply I asked if I still had to be a member to compete.  Turns out I do.  Aw nuts!  It'll cost $12 for a one day membership.  I'm weighing the pros and cons of paying for an annual membership next year (coming in at $45).  I've asked my beautiful and talented wife to photograph my first triathlon so I can share all the swimming, biking, and running action with YOU!

Thursday I was back in the pool and I'm making strides.  I may not have the distance but every time I stop I don't dwell on it.  I put my head back in and keep moving.  Thursday was also the first day of my online English Composition class.  I'll have thirteen writing assignments in the next seven and a half weeks.  Joy!  Luckily I've been enjoying writing this blog over the past few months (I'm afraid to see what would happen if my blog was graded).  My hope is that the enjoyment I get from blogging transfers over to the world of academia.

Quick hit about Friday.  I had been making wise choices all week in terms of eating.  Eggs and fruit for breakfast, a lot of fruit for lunch with a sandwich, and more vegetables at dinner (and less carbs).  Friday came and pizza was ordered.  I only ate two pieces!  As opposed to blacking out and waking up with my head on top of an empty pizza box.  Wooo!  (from my last entry to today I've lost 4 pounds)

Saturday was a fun day.  I was leaving Men's group and my windows were covered in rain.  To clear this issue up I put down the windows and BOOM!  One of the windows slammed inside the door.  I'm by no means a car expert but I assumed this wasn't good.  My assumption was correct.  I pushed the "window up" button and I hear the grinding of gears and see no window movement.  Normally having something like this happening in Ohio in January is a big issue but it was over sixty degrees.  I'm not good at handling vehicular stress.  I drove home and of course I don't have any tools (townhouse livin') so I make my way to the home of my motivational training partner/jerry-rig guru B-ryce.  About a half hour and one wire hanger later I'm back in business!  The window can't go down but the car is paid off.  It's nothing that needs immediate attention.

Later on Saturday I ventured out for a run with Bryce.  It was at a good pace with some good hills.  I struggled through it but I'm going to be positive about it.  I'm going through a mental rut in my running but I'm going to break through.  This was also my first run without my Nike sportwatch.  It landed in the beautiful state of Hawaii and according to my Ebay customer feedback they love their watch and I'm a great seller!  During the run I noticed a half mile in that my wrist felt cold and light.  I fought every fiber of my being to not ask Bryce where we were in terms of mile and pace every other stride.

I got some air in my tires and Sunday I took my bike out on it's maiden voyage of 2013.  I completed five miles in twenty minutes with messed up gears.  Right now the bike has three different levels of peddling.  If I had to ballpark it I'd have to say this bike hasn't had a tune up since before I was born.  Put it on my list o' tri stuff!

A while back I wrote a post about what people love.  The pictures we took with our friend Kelly are done and she shared one of them with the world:


Addison "Bugga Boo" is on the top right.  Savannah "Lynnski" is on the bottom right.  My beautiful wife Aimee is on the bottom left holding our girls.  Please visit Kelly's non-profit page.  God's using her and her group to do amazing things for disaster victims.

https://www.facebook.com/hope.remains.org

Also you may have noticed that I changed the heading picture for my blog.  Thanks Aimee for the great picture!

Next post I hope to have some news to share regarding Team Active:Water.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment