Sunday, August 18, 2013

List Post

A while back a blogger/tri pal of mine did a post where she listed small snippets of truth.  I respected the honesty of being able to do that.  It also took me back to my old middle school Xanga journal days where I once made a list of things I didn't like (which makes me sound pretty negative).  

Well, it's been a long time since Middle school and I feel that I'm a little more positive.  Here is some truth about me (but mostly just things I'm thinking about right now (this parenthesis was added halfway through 27)):

1. After a year and a half of dating I married Aimee.  We've been together 5 years and I definitely feel like she's a better person than me.
2. We have two girls.  Savannah and Addison.  Turning 4 and 2 in the coming months.
3. This post seems like a good way to post something without having to think
4. I'm tired.
5. And bored.
6. Not taking much time off in the winter has made it tough to keep training for races
7. Last week my friend Adam and I came to a conclusion: training sucks.
8. I bought my first adult suit today for an interview I have Tuesday.
9. I'm extremely nervous for the interview.  A little more nervous to get the position
10. Position is 7 hours away in Richmond, Virginia.  Everything about taking the job makes sense from the business stand point.  Richmond's economy is more stable.  There's more competition in the center.  The weather down there is a little better than Ohio during the cold months.  25 people have left the dept I'm trying to get into in the past couple years.  All for better positions in the company or for other companies.  This is not a bad thing.  People in this dept get equipped for better things, work wise.
11. I've always been proud that I can disconnect work from my life.  Work to live, not live to work.
12. The only negative of the position is that it is 7 hours away.  We've made friends and grown closer to the friends we already have.  Plus all of our family is here.  Plus our entire church family is here.
13. People looking from the outside in probably see it as me trying to climb the ladder.  Chasing more money.  I see it as an adventure.
14. I need to work at not caring about what people think about some things.  
15. I almost interviewed for a job in Pennsylvania a couple months back but after praying about it and talking it over it didn't feel right.
16. I'm at peace with this potential move and position change.  
17. I can hear my wife upstairs getting out of bed.  She's not going to like seeing herself sleeping in an instagram video I made today...
18. When I was 18 I almost moved to New Jersey.  Until I met Aimee I wish I would have moved.
19. Today is my mom's birthday.
20. Friday would have been my dad's birthday.
21. I would have liked my dad to meet Aimee, my daughters, and my nephews/niece.
22. I smell
23. I have a hard time classifying friends and best friends.  I don't spend time with people I can't trust or rely on.
24. I could be more reliable
25. We caught one mouse in our kitchen and there's now another one.  I'm sick of fighting them.  Another reason to move out.
26. Our car isn't in the best shape. Won't be able to make too many VA to OH trips.  
27. There's a running club and minor league baseball team in Richmond.
28. Telling my mom about the position was the hardest thing I've done in a long time.  She didn't know I even applied for the PA position.
29. Now that my mom knows about the interview I don't care who finds out
30. I don't want anymore kids.
31. Other people don't believe that I don't want anymore kids.
32. Aimee has now sided with me about not having anymore kids.
33. Aimee is getting a cat if we move to Virginia.
34. Leaving our church is going to be tough.  
35. I'm talking like I got the job.  Nothing in life is guaranteed
36. I need to start bringing down my hopes so if I don't get it I'm not as upset.
37. I should have no problem with low hopes as a Cleveland sports fan.
38. Addisons new favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which is adding a little insult to injury...
39. I'm on computers WAY too much
40. I'm going to a Simon Pegg movie marathon on Thursday.  Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and World's End.  I can't wait.
41. I stopped adding animated GIFs to my posts because of an article I read about copy written photos.  
42. Paranoid
43. Savannah is sleeping under Addison's crib right now... Weirdo
44. Microwave went off.  Time to start dinner.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment