Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fit Family

Happy Sunday.

This has been an active week.  One of the most active I can remember for quite some time, and not just for me.  Aimee started working out this week, and had three solid workouts.  What's gotten into us?  Aimee is now using her My Fitness Pal account, me too.  Also, we're going on vacation the first week of June and I think this is big motivation for her.  We're going to the Outer Banks to celebrate our anniversary, sans little ones.  The whole family has been eating much better.  In the past we would buy fruit and vegetables and would throw them away a few weeks later, when we forgot we had them.  Now we're finishing off a big bag of oranges, apples, and bananas in a week.  Personally, I eat two oranges and an apple a day.  My vitamin C levels are off the charts.  I know people have turned a little orange from eating too many carrots.  Is the same true for eating oranges?

Nothing crazy to report on the workout front.  Still loving the bike training sessions indoors.  One part convenience.  One part great workout.  Another part ultimate sweating.  Two parts sore butt.  The good outweigh the bad on this one.  I grunted during a bike trainer session and Aimee heard it upstairs.  I have been reminded of this fact a few times.  Today, while I was on the bike trainer, I had one too many issues with my laptop.  After ten minutes it would lock and the Ironman Youtube video wouldn't load, for some strange reason.  MAJOR first world problems.  I persevered and finished off my first hour long biking session.

Only swim was Monday.  This week there are two swim days.  'Bout time.  During my one swim week I heard of another local pool that's open pre-buttcrack of dawn.  I may check it out if the Nat has continued closings.  It doesn't feel like I can afford to miss many opportunities to swim with my level of experience and when there is a race two months away.  Thanks to some Twitter friends I have some videos to watch about swim workouts.  It's easy to join the anti-social networking crowds but the tri and running communities online have been more than helpful in the past few months.

The past two years running has been my sole exercise (get it??... Sole??....Sorry).  It's been good to me.  I don't have any way of proving this but I probably averaged about 3 to 4 runs a week and well over a thousand miles logged.  Since the Chicago Marathon it's been stale.  All the running memes in the world couldn't motivate me.  It was my fault.  If it wasn't for God I wouldn't be doing any of this or finish any of the races I've done.  If you don't believe me on that ask anyone in my elementary school gym classes or even my former military unit.  Running was definitely not my strong suit.  Well triathlon training has done wonders.  I look forward to running again.  Yesterday I zenned out 5 miles (was hoping for 6 but no watch or pre mapped out course).  Halfway through I scoped out another runner when I made my turn home.  This runner was ten yards in front of me.  Poor runner.  They were my target.  I was the predator and they were the prey.  My original plan was to get off the main road and cut down a side street but this runner gave me motivation.  I was like a fisherman out there.  I was reeling 'em in!  A well placed stop light helped me reach said runner.  After some short chit chat we were able to cross and I said my good-bye.  I don't know if it was the momentary break, the music I was listening to (thank you again Ipod Touch for not need headphones), or the idea that this person would now pass me, but when I started up again I was COOKING.  I don't consider myself fast, or a runner focused on speed, but it felt good.  Reeeeaaaalll good like.  After my post run celebratory, and wife mandated, shower I ordered a new pair of running shoes!

Ooooooooooo... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

They will be coming in sometime this Valentine's day week.  Woo!  The shoes also match the Active:Water kit I plan on getting for my tri races.  I'm no fashionista but the fact that it all matches excites me.

Also an extremely exciting event happened while writing this entry.




There is great God-centered rap music out there.  Thank you for being one of the artists providing it.  Awesome to see the glory go to the right place...

I love my wife, by the way.  Love isn't always easy but it's worth it.  She's the most supportive wife out there.  Maybe one day we'll be crossing the finish line of an Ironman together........

(this is the part of the blog reading where my wife is laughing)

Honey, I'll love you even if you don't run a single race with me or never work out another day in your life.


Hawt Mama!!





No comments:

Post a Comment