Sunday, February 24, 2013

Training update and Free Stuff for YOU!

Howdy!

How's life?

Done with a busy week of training.  I think back to when it started Tuesday at the pool, and it seems like forever ago.  One day of swimming but I made up for it on the bike and outdoors on my runs.  Feeling good about the week and tired all at the same time

Saturday I took Savannah out on a small afternoon date.  Nothing planned.  Just wanted to give the misses a break and look at some stuff for tri-ing (we received our tax return so now I can get into the spending game that is triathlons).  On our way to the bike shop Savannah was talking about wanting a bike.  "A wittle red one".  I love driving with her because we have our best conversations on the road.  We do a lot of laughing.  The two of us made our way into the shop and a kind employee asked what she could help us find.  Without hesitation Savannah tells her "a wittle red bike", and she proceeds to take us back to the bikes.  Savannah touches all of them and finds a nice pink and white bike.  The saleswoman asks me about what kind of bike I'm thinking of getting Savannah and if she would like to try one out.  It takes me about ten minutes to tell the saleswoman that I came to look for a bike for me.  When I finally tell her it gives her a good laugh. 

We move away from the kids bikes and Savannah is still amazed with all the other bikes in the store.  I tell her I am looking for a tri bike and she brings out the only one in the store: a 1,900 tri bike.  This is the point of the conversation where married people say "oh well I have to talk to my wife before I make any decision, I just came to look," and then never come back.  I didn't take that route this time.  I was frank with her.  Too much for me.  She was then set on getting me out of the store with a bike so she showed me some road bikes.  No bike purchased.  If I'm going to invest in a bike I don't want it to be an emotional spur-of-the-moment purchase.  We did leave with a two dollar frisbee though.  Savannah is ecstatic.

The Costello two make their way next door to the local running store.  I just bought a pair, but this is an outlet store so I may be able to find a deal.  I don't find any shoes but while I'm looking the worker lets Savannah putt on a putting green.  The gentleman working pays more attention to Savannah than me and it doesn't bother me at all.  I buy a lot of my stuff at Dick's but this trip made me change my mind.  Aside from a Target worker giving Savannah a sticker, you don't get much interaction from the chain stores.  This experience will resonate with me..

We made some other stops and our date was over.  That needs to happen more often...

On to the free stuff.

No one has approached me with a product to review.  As you all know, I run/compete to raise awareness and money for the charity Active:Water.  March 22 is World Water Day.  Starting March 8th Active:Water is challenging you.  The challenge is to drink tap water alone for 2 weeks.  I took part last year and it was not easy.  I am a coffee/tea drinker.  I have three to four cups of coffee a day and I go to bed drinking decaffeinated tea.  During the two weeks you jot down what you would have spent on drinks and donate it to Active:Water.  Pretty simple.

Click the following link if you want to join in:
Active:Water Two Week Challenge

Here's where the giveaway starts.  I want to buy five people an Active:Water water bottle.

Ohhhhh.. Ahhhhh...
So how do you get one?  I'm not going to give stuff away if you follow my blog, my twitter, my facebook, my instagram, my garbage man, and then give me a locket of hair from your pet dog.  I just want to spread the love.

Email me at thomascostello@activewater.org and give me your name and mailing address.  Done.  First five people to do it get a bottle.  Is it required that you do the two week challenge to get a bottle?  No.  I recommend you give it a shot with me but it's not required to win.  Even if you don't do the challenge AW is still receiving donations from the purchase itself.  So not only will you get a free water bottle, but you will also kinda have a donation given in your name.

Get to emailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment